From: Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Culling Software
From: Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:01:54 -0500
On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:12:46 -0500, casagiannoni@optonline.net wrote:

>Looking for software utility for displaying array of photos for
>culling. Array should be miniatures, say about 16 across by 8 down.
>Double clicking individual shots should display full screen for
>evaluation. Deletion of individual shots. No editing needed except
>possibly 90 deg. rotations. Priced reasonable or free. Informed
>suggestions most welcome and thanks.

I use FastStone for this.  The array is five across at the thumbnail
size I have it set for, but down is the entire file that's opened.

Double-clicking opens the image in full screen.  Individual images can
be moved to a different order when re-numbering to present the files
in a different order is desired.  The images can be tagged so certain
images only can be displayed, and side-by-side comparisons of two or
more images can be set.  There are several other handy features.

The program is free.  FastStone Image Viewer 6.4 at www.faststone.org

I have Lightroom and Bridge, but often do my initial sorting in
FastStone.  It accepts most types of files from RAW to jpeg.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida