From: sobriquet <dohduhdah@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Culling Software
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!inn10.news.alteholz.net!news.in-chemnitz.de!feeder.erje.net!1.eu.feeder.erje.net!news.roellig-ltd.de!open-news-network.org!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!m31no6298784qtf.0!news-out.google.com!t48ni2556qtc.1!nntp.google.com!m31no6298783qtf.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 12:28:47 -0800 (PST)
From: sobriquet <dohduhdah@yahoo.com>
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 9:01:58 PM UTC+1, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:12:46 -0500, casagiannoni@optonline.net wrote:
>
> >Looking for software utility for displaying array of photos for
> >culling. Array should be miniatures, say about 16 across by 8 down.
> >Double clicking individual shots should display full screen for
> >evaluation. Deletion of individual shots. No editing needed except
> >possibly 90 deg. rotations. Priced reasonable or free. Informed
> >suggestions most welcome and thanks.
>
> I use FastStone for this.  The array is five across at the thumbnail
> size I have it set for, but down is the entire file that's opened.
>
> Double-clicking opens the image in full screen.  Individual images can
> be moved to a different order when re-numbering to present the files
> in a different order is desired.  The images can be tagged so certain
> images only can be displayed, and side-by-side comparisons of two or
> more images can be set.  There are several other handy features.
>
> The program is free.  FastStone Image Viewer 6.4 at www.faststone.org
>
> I have Lightroom and Bridge, but often do my initial sorting in
> FastStone.  It accepts most types of files from RAW to jpeg.
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

One downside of faststone is that it won't do slideshows in a window.
Irfanview can do them both fullscreen and in a window (or actually a designated area on the screen,
so you can view slideshows in one
section while being engaged in other activities on the rest of the
screen).