Subject: Re: Olympus Leads the Japanese MILC Run
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:36:31 -0500
On 1/17/2018 1:33 AM, android wrote:
> It's still a prosumer game...

<http://www.canonrumors.com/bcn-rankings-are-out-canon-continues-to-...

> <http://tinyurl.com/y9ukoluy>

I think it's interesting that this topic goes on and on about camera
makes *other* than Olympus. I take it that there aren't many (if any)
Olympus users in this group, so I'll chime in with my 2 cents.

In film cameras, I have 3 makes: Olympus, Leica and Rolleiflex. I was
always drawn to Olympus' superior technology when it came to compact
design (OM-1, very durable, compact and reliable) metering (OM-4 is
unique in this respect), and image quality. Its lenses aren't the best
that I have, but then I have lenses for my Leica and Rollei that each
cost more than a few entire Olympus kits. However, unlike my Zeiss,
Leica and Schneider lenses, the Olympus' delivers consistent contrast
over the range of stops. I realize this implies some compromises, but it
makes it easier to use DOF as the primary variable when framing and
shooting.

In digital cameras, I have Nikon and Olympus. The Olympus is superior in
every way, from the available options to the structure of its menu,
making significant changes easy and fast.

So, it doesn't surprise me in the least that those who are dedicated to
photography find themselves drawn to the Olympus line.

--
best regards,

Neil