From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Subject: Re: Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods
From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:10:55 +0000
On 18/01/18 08:37, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 03:20:10 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
>> On Jan 17, 2018, RichA wrote
>> (in article<20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The
>>> U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the
>>> potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has
>>> become wussville.
>>>
>>> <https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>
>> Note that this restriction is limited to Zion NP, and does not expand to
>> other National Parks.
>
> Not yet.  There are a number of sources agitating for further restrictions on any human elements
in the parks and other natural areas.  If the nature kooks had their way, only an elite few
(including them) would have access to these areas.  Pretty soon, you'll be restricted to marked
footpaths, you won't be able to deviate and explore at all.  If that sounds far-fetched, it's
already happened in some areas in Canada and England.

Which bit of England are you thinking about?