From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Your computer will be slllowwwwing dooowwwnnnnnn....
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:03:24 -0500
"RichA"<rander3128@gmail.com> wrote

| Not to mention every other system and service available.

  Speak for yourself. AMD here. I wouldn't touch
Intel with a 10-foot anti-static wrist strap. :)

 Not susceptible to
Meltdown and Spectre is not a critical issue, so long
as I don't enable script in the browser while visiting
attack sites. Even then, it's not clear that Spectre
can access any data outside the same process. So
the risk? Apparently using an older version of Firefox
and entering credit card info into one window while
visiting a malware site in another.

  It's not enough to be putting your whole system
at risk for. Even if you have an Intel CPU it might
be best to wait awhile before doing anything. There
seem to be a lot of problems with the fixes so far.