From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:32:59 -0500
On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become such
a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A nation
of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...

1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hakfd5y57cfck6h/Angels-Landing-Zion.jpg

Bring plenty of water.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102