From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:50:42 -0500
On 2018-01-19 11:26, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 19:33:11 UTC-5, Alan Browne  wrote:
>> On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become
such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A
nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

>>> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>
>> 1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
>> blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>>
>> 2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
>> 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
>> you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
>> Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.
>>

> So, if some guy is out in the open, nowhere near any people (assuming the Marxists who run the
parks even allow someone off "designated paths") will he not be allowed to use a tripod?

What part of groups (workshops) is giving you a comprehension challenge?

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102