Next <
Subject: Re: Olympus Leads the Japanese MILC Run
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:09:43 -0500
On 1/18/2018 3:07 PM, Neil wrote:

<snip>

> No doubt that brand choices are made for various reasons, and some of
> the makes are comparable in most ways. I was fortunate, in that all of
> my kits paid for themselves through the work that I did with them. In
> terms of image quality, I think that lenses make the biggest difference.
>
> In the digital world, I'd say that ease of use is pretty important,
> since they're all less efficient than film cameras. So, control
> placement, menu structure, and a well thought out user interface are the
> most important factors to me.

Each of us has our own criteria.

> I've never been a fan of autofocus, finding it more of a compositional
> hindrance than a benefit. When combined with a varifocal lens, the
> camera becomes pretty useless to me. So, my choices are mostly for the
> least frustrating kits!

Autofocus can be a real PITA, or it can be a blessing, depending on the
subject you are shooting. i rarely use AF for macro and landscape. When
shooting critters it depends. For fast moving ones, I have found AF
quite helpful. For some shots I prefer to preselect focus and exposure.

--
PeterN