From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Your computer will be slllowwwwing dooowwwnnnnnn....
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 16:33:43 -0500
"Neil"<neil@myplaceofwork.com> wrote

| Again, that applies to a very small number of users.

  Not users. Uses. Frequent disk access has
nothing to do with playing intensive games.
That's intensive CPU load, which is not an
issue. The issue is functions used from the
kernel: Creating files and folders. Reading/writing.
Getting file metadata. Etc. Something
like a backup program or moving files around
may be affected, while your super duper, 3-D
mass murder game may not be.

  But I imagine you're probably right for most
situations, since the current hardware is
far more powerful than most people need.
A slower backup or file-finder utility is probably
not going to be noticed.