Subject: Re: Your computer will be slllowwwwing dooowwwnnnnnn....
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 20:02:28 -0500
On 1/19/2018 4:33 PM, Mayayana wrote:
> "Neil"<neil@myplaceofwork.com> wrote
>
> | Again, that applies to a very small number of users.
> |

>    Not users. Uses. Frequent disk access has
> nothing to do with playing intensive games.

I was referring to the example that you gave:

"But if you're doing something intensive that requires a lot
of disk read/write than that will be slower because it will now
essentially require calling an external program for each operation."

> That's intensive CPU load, which is not an
> issue. The issue is functions used from the
> kernel: Creating files and folders. Reading/writing.
> Getting file metadata. Etc. Something
> like a backup program or moving files around
> may be affected, while your super duper, 3-D
> mass murder game may not be.

That would require an extremely large volume of files. Not many folks do
such things frequently, and I can't imagine them saying, "Wow, the last
time I did this, it was 1.3 seconds faster."

--
best regards,

Neil