Next <
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 09:09:25 -0500
On 2018-01-19 17:52, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:32:59 -0500, Alan Browne
><bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become
such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A
nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

>>> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>
>> 1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
>> blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>>
>> 2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
>> 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
>> you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
>> Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.
>
> That's where a drone might come in handy.

Drones are banned in most parks.  That's a good thing for several
reasons (peace and quiet mainly, and to some degree, safety).

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102