From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: How to undamage the camera?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 15:04:59 -0500
On 2018-01-20 14:48, micky wrote:
> It turns out I left my beloved point & shoot camera in the trunk of my
> car, from Thanksgiving day until today.   I last used it half-way back
> from Florida, and I've been in Baltimore, Md. where it's rained on a few
> days and the temp was down to 10F at night on several days in a row.
>
> OTOH, the trunk is dry, no condensation like in a previous car, the
> carpet is dry, the cordboard boxes are like new, and the outside of the
> camera, including the leaves that cover the lens, look no different than
> before.   A Samsung WB35F, and was in a little, partly closed woven
> polyester or nylon bag.
>
> Have I damaged the camera.  Or do I need to take any precaution to avoid
> damaging it now?   I took it out of the car to a 70^F house.

Would have been best to put it into a plastic bag before bringing it in
so condensation wouldn't form.

> Do I need to wait before I use it.

Read the manual for the temperature range.  Check the battery.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102