Subject: Re: OT: Happy Eight Day
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 19:50:10 -0500
On 1/20/2018 12:24 PM, Davoud wrote:
> Savageduck:
>>> ...but is Dim sum kosher?
>
> As one who lived in Asia for 10 years and in Israel for five+ years, I
> can confidently state that Chinese food that approximates authenticity
> is not, and cannot be made, kosher. Take away pork, oyster sauce, and
> all shellfish. Imagine Italian food without pasta and tomatoes.

I have been to vegetarian Chinese restaurants with some Chinese people
who were vegetarians. They assured me that the vegetarian pork and
chicken tasted like the real thing. They told me that they had always
been vegetarians I could never bring myself to ask them how they knew it
tasted like the real thing.
--
PeterN