Subject: Re: How to undamage the camera?
From: micky <NONONOmisc07@bigfoot.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 22:44:52 -0500
In rec.photo.digital, on Sat, 20 Jan 2018 15:04:59 -0500, Alan Browne<bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>On 2018-01-20 14:48, micky wrote:
>> It turns out I left my beloved point & shoot camera in the trunk of my
>> car, from Thanksgiving day until today.   I last used it half-way back
>> from Florida, and I've been in Baltimore, Md. where it's rained on a few
>> days and the temp was down to 10F at night on several days in a row.
>>
>> OTOH, the trunk is dry, no condensation like in a previous car, the
>> carpet is dry, the cordboard boxes are like new, and the outside of the
>> camera, including the leaves that cover the lens, look no different than
>> before.   A Samsung WB35F, and was in a little, partly closed woven
>> polyester or nylon bag.
>>
>> Have I damaged the camera.  Or do I need to take any precaution to avoid
>> damaging it now?   I took it out of the car to a 70^F house.
>
>Would have been best to put it into a plastic bag before bringing it in
>so condensation wouldn't form.

Oops.

>> Do I need to wait before I use it.
>
>Read the manual for the temperature range.

The manual gives an operating range of 32 to 104F

Doesn't say anything about storing the camera, so I guess almost
anything is okay.

> Check the battery.

Waited 5 hours, until room temp.  Camera seems to work fine.  My battery
was hard to find just a year ago, so I bought two spares, all of which I
used on the last trip. If this battery is damaged, still have two
others.  Going again in February so it's a good thing I found the
camera.

Thanks.