From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: The Race for The FF MILC is ON!
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 10:04:11 +0100
On 2018-01-21 07:26:02 +0000, Savageduck said:

> On Jan 20, 2018, android wrote
> (in article<fciogfFfm5iU1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> On 2018-01-20 19:12:28 +0000, Savageduck said:
>>
>>> On Jan 20, 2018, android wrote
>>> (in article<fch94kF5gqmU1@mid.individual.net>):

>>> I was happy enough with an APS-C DSLR, and I am happy enough with an APS-C
>>> MILC. If I ever find myself desiring a larger sensor I might as well go to
>>> MF.
>>
>> MF as in medium format ain't no more sinze the new sensor is nowhere
>> near 6x4.5cm but that said a Fuji GFX cost at least twice the dough of
>> an Sony equivalence. 6k vs 3k GBP for the back only...
>>
>> https://www.parkcameras.com/search/go?w=fujifilm+gfx
>>
>> https://www.parkcameras.com/search/go?w=sony+a7riii
>
> Those are two very different cameras when it comes to sensor size among other
> things. The Sony a7R III has a FF 35.9mm x 24mm 42.2MP sensor. The Fujifilm
> GFX50S has an MF 43.8mm x 32.9mm 51.4MP sensor. That Sony could hardly be
> called an equivalence, it isn't.

The factor in sensor size, and that is that that make medium format
captures their special beetween these cameras are 1.7 and not the
classical 2.8...

> If you are looking for a camera to compare the GFX50S with, you need to look
> to the Hasselblad X1D-50c. That camera has an MF 43.8mm x 32.9mm 50MP sensor.
> those two cameras are equivalents worthy of comparison.
>
> ...and if you compare prices of those two:
>
> Fujifilm GFX50S (body): $6499.95
>
> Hasselblad X1D-50c (body): $7995.00

Yes, the Fuji seem to have an introductory price I lieu of their
comeback to the "pseudo MF" market. Fuji and Hassy have shared tech
before and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a new example of that
cooperation.

--
teleportation kills