From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:10:15 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 21, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
(in article<vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:22:13 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>  wrote:
>
> > On Jan 19, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
> > (in article<0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>):
> >
> > > ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
> > > sequence of treatment?
> >
> > A little more explanation on your part is needed:
> >
> > Are you actually using Photoshop?
>
> I'm using PS6 photoshop.

I guess you mean CS6 not PS6.

> > How much adjusting/editing experience do you have using Photoshop?
>
> Not much.

Start with a few more experiments, and check some of the video tutorials
available.

Jullianne Kost provides some good tutorials most are geared for recent
Photoshop/Lightroom releases, but she has an extensive archive which can be
accessed, either from her site, or YouTube where you can refine your search
for Photoshop CS6 where you will find a whole bunch of useful stuff.

<http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5bKKSi_bGJh717hVlEbRg>

<https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+cs6>

> > Is this a single image of a group, or is it a series of photos of groups of
> > people?
>
> Here it is, a one-shot single group with the exposure adjusted to
> -0.7. Maybe -1.0 would have been better?
> https://postimg.org/image/homnfil9h/

That is not too bad, and I wouldn’t consider any further global exposure
adjustment. Perhaps some mild dodging over the group with a soft brush, on a
separate adjustment layer. If it is too much you can adjust the layer opacity
down, redo, or if that doesn’t work, delete the layer.

It doesn’t look like you had cooperation from the adults in the group.
However, it does add some character to the shot.
What was distracting them so much?

--

Regards,
Savageduck