From: dale <dale@dalekelly.org>
Subject: Re: Renovation of a photograph
Full headers:
From: dale <dale@dalekelly.org>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:40:28 -0500
On 1/21/18 5:54 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <p43524$her$2@dont-email.me>, philo says...

> <snip>
>
>> Were I doing it, I'd increase the contrast a bit and reduce the
> creases
>> and that would be about it.
>
> Just wondering if there is a way to make the detail in the photo more
> visible besides increasing the contrast. Some fancy image processibg,
> not sure if that exists.

image stability varies according to conditions,

for instance, if you knew the cycle of temperature, humidity, and light
exposure, you might be able to back out the keeping if you had an
original palette of the media and a palette of the media following the
same keeping conditions

might be a good invention to keep a small palette on an image and
original palette color data just for this purpose

next best thing would be some tuning "dials" from the media manufacturer
derived from typical keeping conditions

I might be coming at this from too much of an idealist point of view,
the "dials" might not have to be so specific to a media, just figure out
which "dials" fit best for ... stain, fade, etc.

hard to back out stain without selecting specific sections of an image,
hard to figure out what was somewhere when there was fade ...

--
Not a professional opinion unless specified.
dale - http://www.dalekelly.org/