From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: This amazing wilderness timelapse of Canada took 6 weeks to shootand 9 months to edit
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 05:26:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: This amazing wilderness timelapse of Canada took 6 weeks to shoot
and 9 months to edit
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 11:57:25 UTC, android  wrote:
> On 2018-01-24 10:08:24 +0000, Whisky-dave said:
>
> > On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 06:24:51 UTC, Sandman  wrote:
> >> <https://www.diyphotography.net/amazing-wilderness-timelapse-canada-t...
> >> weeks-shoot-9-months-edit>
> >>
> >> "Every once in a while, a timelapse comes along that just takes
> >> your breath away. You could take almost any frame from such films
> >> and it stands up on its own as a still photography. Alive, by
> >> German filmmaker Florian “Flo” Nick, is one such timelapse
> >> film. It was shot over 5,500km travelled in six weeks exploring the
> >> vast landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. And it’s is
> >> absolutely beautiful."
> >>

> >> --
> >> Sandman
> >
> > As yet I've not been able to find out what process i.e software he used
> > for this, plenty of info on what cameras and lenses, maybe I've missed
> > it.
>
> Beneath the fourth slide:
>
> "For the footage, Flo used his Sony A7SII along with Canon 16-35mm f/4
> and Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lenses. For the night shots, he also used a
> Pentax-X 50mm f/1.7 and 100mm f/2.8.  He says that motion control
> camera movement was done using the eMotimo Spectrum ST4 and ifootage
> Shark slider"

No not really that just list what he used over the 6 weeks to capture the images.

"Alive took 9 months for Flo to create once he got back home with all the images."

So 6 weeks to capture the images and 9 months to edit them, I doubt he was using a slow compter
perhaps he used a phone to edit them together this is what I was wondering about as it took 9 months.

So much more time was spent putting the images together than taking them.

which is unusual, well from what I usually watch timescale wise.

Such as wildlife programs where cameramen spend months getting enough footage for a 2 mins shot.

He used LRTimelapse, I was wondering whether he used Mac Windows or linux.
So I was just wondering what takes 9 months was it processing or deciding what images comes next.