From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: How badly do you want to get beaten up for crappy, inane video?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:43:25 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 29, 2018, Old Geezerr wrote
(in article<6jav6d9pu6nbqmidvef3svo50nb8ofgmr9@4ax.com>):

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 07:26:02 +0100, android<here@there.was>  wrote:

> > > People might end up using it as one of those cheap car driving cameras.
> >
> > You have the right to take photographs in public but not to put up
> > surveillance cams, I'd say that Google glass and clips are in that
> > category since you can't see when they are in operation. Big brother
> > sees you, and how do you know if these devices are off, really?
>
> The first thing I did with my new laptop was to put silver ducting
> tape over the camera and microphone. THEN I turned it on.

That seems to be a tad paranoid. Doing that will preclude using
communications apps such as Skype, or FaceTime (not Facebook). You are better
off actually understanding your computer than gunging up your laptop with
duct tape.

Do you even know where the microphones are located in your laptop?

If you want to disable your mics, consider doing that via your system
preferences, and there are less damaging ways to obscure the camera, and
still have it available when needed.

--

Regards,
Savageduck