Next <
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Took a dive...
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 14:35:37 +0100
On 2018-02-01 10:55:44 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> On Thursday, 1 February 2018 10:00:27 UTC, android  wrote:

>>> That does look like a fun photo-shoot, but it's all fake imagery, I
>>> blame Trump for all this fake stuff ;-)
>>
>> Blame on, but this seem real enough not to Photoshopped though. Beware,
>> the photog could sue you for slander if you say that these are fake!
>> :-ppp
>
> Actually it'd be defamation rather than slander as slander only really
> refers to speech or audio content ;P
>
> And note I said fake imagery NOT fake photgraphy, as photography it's
> fine but I do not believe these images represent real  events such as
> accidents or situations.

Slander is a form of deamation that that you are after is libel. Libel
is written defamation but slander is defamation in a more transitory
form, like speech, Usenet and Twitter posts and updates on Facebook.

"Slander
The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of "slander"
(harmful statement in a transient form, especially speech) and "libel",
each of which gives a common law right of action."

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation#Slander>
--
teleportation kills