Subject: Re: Fuji buys Xerox. The king is dead
From: sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:19:38 -0800
On 2/1/2018 9:51 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article<0001HW.2022CF1501A1EB6D70000F3932CF@news.giganews.com>,
> Savageduck says...
>> I guess that was a better deal than bailing Nikon out.
>
> Nikon are losing money?

Yes.

It would not be surprising if Canon's camera division is also
unprofitable, but cameras are a small part of Canon's business.

Compact point and shoot camera sales have dwindled due to smart phones.

The Fuji mirrorless cameras are now the choice of professionals. I
teased a professional photographer I know about him selling off all his
Nikon equipment, and he said that the shift to Fuji by professionals has
been amazing.

There was already Fuji-Xerox in Asia, they're just taking over all of Xerox.