From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Fuji buys Xerox. The king is dead
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:33:11 -0500
In article <p4vlnp$an5$1@dont-email.me>, sms<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> The Fuji mirrorless cameras are now the choice of professionals. I
> teased a professional photographer I know about him selling off all his
> Nikon equipment, and he said that the shift to Fuji by professionals has
> been amazing.

more made up rubbish. what one photographer supposedly did is not any
indication of the entire market. pros overwhelmingly continue to choose
nikon and canon, with a combined 86% share of the market. fuji may be
up slightly, but they're still *way* behind.

<https://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2017/02/topcamerabrands.jpg>

<https://petapixel.com/2017/02/16/cameras-captured-winning-shots-worl...
ress-photo-2017/>
  The breakdown of camera brands shows that Canon and Nikon are still
  dominant, but Fujifilm is now seeing more representation:
  In terms of camera system used, DSLR cameras were behind 88.8% of the
  winners, mirrorless cameras had 5.55%, and other types represented
  another 5.55%.

last year:
<https://petapixel.com/2016/02/19/here-are-the-cameras-that-won-world...
ess-photo-2016/>
  DSLRs continue to reign supreme when it comes to photojournalism. At
  least 40 of the winning shots were captured using full frame DSLRs