From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji
Full headers:
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 16:08:25 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
(in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

> On 01/02/2018 04:19, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
> > (in article<fdfgsnF4msfU1@mid.individual.net>):
> >
> > > Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?
> > >
> > > <http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-a5-x-a20-xc-15-45mm-lens-offici...
> >
> > For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
> > bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
> > $600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
> > trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.
> >
> > <https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/>
> >
> > As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
> > X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
> > with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated
> > to have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
> > whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
> > X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
> > .
> Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
> instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.

Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?

When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?

Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
even this new X-A5?

The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

--

Regards,
Savageduck