From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Subject: Re: New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:58:14 +0000
On 02/02/2018 00:08, Savageduck wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
> (in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):
>
>> On 01/02/2018 04:19, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
>>> (in article<fdfgsnF4msfU1@mid.individual.net>):

>>> For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
>>> bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
>>> $600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
>>> trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.
>>>
>>> <https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/>
>>>
>>> As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
>>> X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
>>> with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated
>>> to have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
>>> whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
>>> X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
>>> .
>> Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
>> instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.
>
> Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?

I have three zooms and an 18 mm; not the lens they used to claim as a
macro/portrait, I forget which that is, but it's not what I would call a
macro lens.

> When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?

No, close-up lens. Actually I meant +10, getting confused because I use
+3 on my glasses for close up work.

> Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
> even this new X-A5?

I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
these days.

> The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
> generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
> X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.