From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 08:09:36 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Feb 2, 2018, newshound wrote
(in article<9eCdnZuaiZca4enHnZ2dnUU78Q_NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

> On 02/02/2018 00:08, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
> > (in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

> > > Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
> > > instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.
> >
> > Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?
>
> I have three zooms and an 18 mm; not the lens they used to claim as a
> macro/portrait, I forget which that is, but it's not what I would call a
> macro lens.
> >
> > When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?
>
> No, close-up lens. Actually I meant +10, getting confused because I use
> +3 on my glasses for close up work.

You should get pretty good results with the extension tubes, otherwise there
is always the new XF80.

> > Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
> > even this new X-A5?
>
> I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
> these days.
> >
> > The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
> > generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
> > X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.
>
> I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
> I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.

You might have an opportunity for that X-T2 body near the end of the year
after they announce/release the X-T3, and if the have a repeast of their
discounts. I guess you were not able to take advantage of the discounts last
year. There were some good deals on those long lenses the 50-140 &  the
100-400. That was my opportunity to pick up the XF16mm f/1.4 which is an
absolutely amazing lens.

--

Regards,
Savageduck