From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 16:31:48 +1300
On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 16:05:42 +1300, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

>My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
>When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
>the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
>something like:
>
>   Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.
>
>   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
>   Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
>   available.
>
>As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
>problem or have other people also experienced it?
>
>W10 of course.

This gets slightly weird.

Trial 1
-------
I started up LR and then Task Manager and there was LR. I selected
'PRINT' and up popped the notice once again. I ignored the invitation
to shut the program down and instead shut down the warning notice. I
then tried LR and found that nothing responded. I tried shut it down
(clicking on X) and got no response. I tried shutting it down using
Task Manager and found it wouldn't shut down. I then shut down the
computer from the Windows button.

Trial 2
-------
I rebooted the computer and started Task Manager. I then started LR
and all looked OK on the surface but I noticed that Task Manager was
showing LR taking a steadily increasing amount of memory until it got
to (about) 683Mb, at which point it instantaneously got back to 9.7Mb.
I selected 'PRINT' and got the warning notice once again. At this
point LR had dissapeared from the Task Manager. I I tried shutting LR
down from the X in the corner of the LR window. To my surprise LR did
not just shut down but started the backup routine and then shut down
after the backup had finished, all the while with no LR showing in the
Task Manager.

As far as I can see, the Library and Develop sections of LR seem to
work correctly.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens