From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 19:59:14 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Feb 5, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in article<li7i7dlsaf25grpebuhcslalhg5917196f@4ax.com>):

> On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 16:05:42 +1300, Eric Stevens
><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>  wrote:
>
> > My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
> > When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
> > the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
> > something like:
> >
> > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.
> >
> > A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> > Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> > available.
> >
> > As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
> > problem or have other people also experienced it?
> >
> > W10 of course.
>
> This gets slightly weird.
>
> Trial 1
> -------
> I started up LR and then Task Manager and there was LR. I selected
> 'PRINT' and up popped the notice once again. I ignored the invitation
> to shut the program down and instead shut down the warning notice. I
> then tried LR and found that nothing responded. I tried shut it down
> (clicking on X) and got no response. I tried shutting it down using
> Task Manager and found it wouldn't shut down. I then shut down the
> computer from the Windows button.

That sounds like a W10 - LR CCC conflict, and might be printer driver
related.

> Trial 2
> -------
> I rebooted the computer and started Task Manager. I then started LR
> and all looked OK on the surface but I noticed that Task Manager was
> showing LR taking a steadily increasing amount of memory until it got
> to (about) 683Mb, at which point it instantaneously got back to 9.7Mb.
> I selected 'PRINT' and got the warning notice once again. At this
> point LR had dissapeared from the Task Manager. I I tried shutting LR
> down from the X in the corner of the LR window. To my surprise LR did
> not just shut down but started the backup routine and then shut down
> after the backup had finished, all the while with no LR showing in the
> Task Manager.

That sounds like some sort of memory leak.

> As far as I can see, the Library and Develop sections of LR seem to
> work correctly.

I hate to be the ignorant Apple user in the room, but what is this Task
Manager of which you talk?

It certainly doesn’t seem to be managing LR printing tasks.

I believe you have little choice other than contacting Adobe CC support, and
or MS W10 support.

....and then there is Epson to see if there is an issue with their driver and
the current edition of W10.

--

Regards,
Savageduck