From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 09:13:30 -0500
"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote

| I hate to be the ignorant Apple user in the room, but what is this Task
| Manager of which you talk?

  It's not really a manager. It's a system applet designed
to be unaffected by software running at "user" level.
It can be invoked to see how much RAM is in use, CPU
usage, and to see a list of running processes, along
with their memory usage.

  For general usage, Process Monitor from Sysinternals
is much better. It provides more info, including a list
of loaded libraries for each process. But TaskMon, as
it's often called, can be handy for killing a frozen program.