From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:21:10 +0100
On 2018-02-06 15:48:50 +0000, Mayayana said:

> "Eric Stevens"<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote
>
> |   Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.
> |
> |   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> |   Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> |   available.
> |

>    You might find something out if there's a button
> for "Details". I have Visual Studio installed, which
> also gives me the option to debug the CPU instructions!
> But it's rare that you'll learn anything helpful from
> all that. Sometimes if it tells you a DLL that crashed
> then that might tell you something.
>
>   What you're seeing is just a PR wrapper around
> a program crash. The program crashed. Microsoft
> is making it look like they've got everything under
> control: "Don't worry. We're on it." It used to be that
> it just crashed. Now Microsoft design it to make
> you think there's an army of people in lab coats
> standing by to examine the problem and fix it....
> And that's why Win10 *must* be spyware. For
> your own good.
>
>    So why did the program crash? Maybe it's an Adobe
> bug. Maybe it's an incompatible printer driver. Maybe
> it's something seemingly unrelated, like a font mixup
> or graphics problem. All you can do is to search and
> see if someone has figured it out. (And watch out
> for false information. There are a lot of people who
> stop getting a rash after drinking a Coke and then
> jump to the conclusion that Coke cures rashes.)
>
>   But you also have to remember that you really
> shouldn't be trying to do real work on Windows 10.
> You're an unpaid beta tester. The system configuration
> can be changed at any time, willy nilly, as Microsoft
> decides to zap you with their next test version that
> corporate customers don't have to put up with.
>
>    That may seem snide, or anti-Win10, or
> anti-Microsoft, but it's actually just plain fact.
> Win10 is not a stable system. System updates
> need to be carefully tested over time for
> compatibility. Corporate IT people do that before
> rolling out updates to their "fleet". Prior to Win10,
> even those tested updates were tested for months
> or years *before* the IT people got them. A
> Windows version or service pack was
> created, tested, released to volunteer beta testers
> in version after version.... Only after months or
> even years of that was the final version released for
> IT people to start their own testing. It no longer
> works that way. You're getting largely untested
> updates that Microsoft forces down your throat
> when the mood hits them.
>
>   With Win10, you're running one of the test machines
> without getting paid for your trouble.

True, but who would volunteer to work for a company like Microsoft
without getting paid? If MS want work for free then they obviosly have
to make them Win 10 Home users use untested soft... And then just wait
for bugreports so that updates can be fixed before Win 10 Pro users
updates at their convenience.

>   But it is worth searching. You'll find out a lot more
> that way then by looking specifically in Adobe forums
> or photo newsgroups, especially given that you don't
> know where the problem is coming from.

Windows?
--
teleportation kills