Subject: Re: And The Loser Is...
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:53:03 -0500
On 2/5/2018 7:24 PM, RJH wrote:
> On 05/02/2018 23:23, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> UK: I suspect that's something to do with it - I think 100Mbps is
>>> there if people are willing to pay. Which as it happens I do -
>>> £30/month for basic landline and mobile, and 100Mbps internet.
>>
>> That's astoundingly cheap.
>>

> This is similar to my deal:
>
> https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband/fibrespeedboost/v
>
> They chop/change every few months.
>

>>> I suppose 1000Mbs would be nice, but hardly necessary. I can download
>>> 1GB through a VPN in a couple of minutes which seems fine.
>>
>> I pay CAD $82 for 120 Mb/s.    Speedtest consistently shows it at 135
>> Mb/s even when testing to London/Paris/Tokyo.
>>

> Actually, I'm only getting 60Mb/s right now - so maybe you don't pay
> that much more than me.

I am limited to two providers. I currently have 75Mb. it's part of a
bundle. If I switch providers I will get 200Mbs, and save about $30. per
month. My problem is the bundling. I haven't haven't watched any movies
for years. I only watch certain cable channels, and they are bundled
with the movies channels. The only reason I haven't switched is that the
other provider keeps changing the bundles.

--
PeterN