Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 23:58:03 -0500
On 2/7/2018 10:12 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:57:03 -0500, PeterN
> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2/5/2018 10:05 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
>>> My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
>>> When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
>>> the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
>>> something like:
>>>
>>>      Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.
>>>
>>>      A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
>>>      Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
>>>      available.
>>>
>>> As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
>>> problem or have other people also experienced it?
>>>
>>> W10 of course.
>>>

>> Call Adobe support. it comes with the package. The last time i had an
>> issue, I I used them, and they remotely found and fixed the problem.
>
> Preliminary discussions suggest they want me to file a Crash Report.
> This should happen automatically. As far as I can tell Crash Reporter
> is not working (known problem) and I have not yet found sensible
> advice about getting it working. No, I haven't turned it off. Nor have
> I found a setting where I can turn it on or off, although there is
> supposed to be one.
>
> I've fallen in the sea and somebody has stolen my life belt. :-(
>
> Hopefully someone from Adobe will respond.

One trick I have used is deleting the preference file. When you start it
again it will create the default preference file.
I found this on the web:
Now just hold Shift-Option (on Windows it's Shift-Alt thanks Rob Sylvan)
and restart Lightroom. Keep holding them down and the dialog below will
appear. Click “Reset Preferences” and it installs a factory fresh set of
preferences for you, and the problems you were having right along with it.
hth

--
PeterN