From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 22:27:08 +1300
On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 23:58:03 -0500, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>On 2/7/2018 10:12 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:57:03 -0500, PeterN
>> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>>> Call Adobe support. it comes with the package. The last time i had an
>>> issue, I I used them, and they remotely found and fixed the problem.
>>
>> Preliminary discussions suggest they want me to file a Crash Report.
>> This should happen automatically. As far as I can tell Crash Reporter
>> is not working (known problem) and I have not yet found sensible
>> advice about getting it working. No, I haven't turned it off. Nor have
>> I found a setting where I can turn it on or off, although there is
>> supposed to be one.
>>
>> I've fallen in the sea and somebody has stolen my life belt. :-(
>>
>> Hopefully someone from Adobe will respond.
>>

>One trick I have used is deleting the preference file. When you start it
>again it will create the default preference file.
>I found this on the web:
>Now just hold Shift-Option (on Windows it's Shift-Alt thanks Rob Sylvan)
>and restart Lightroom. Keep holding them down and the dialog below will
>appear. Click “Reset Preferences” and it installs a factory fresh set of
>preferences for you, and the problems you were having right along with it.
>hth

I have seen that and have been tempted to try it, but that could only
confuse the issue. I have found that for the last severaal months
people have been reporting problem with Crash Reporter. Mine certainly
is not working and has not created any reports.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens