From: RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com>
Subject: Re: And The Loser Is...
Full headers:
From: RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:20:53 +0000
On 08/02/2018 05:38, Bill W wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 00:08:58 -0500, PeterN
> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2/7/2018 4:32 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> cut the cord and get it online.
>>>

>> There are only 2 ISP s allowed where I live. Verizon & Optimum. Both are
>> lying leeches.  To get what I want online is too much of a PITA. If you
>> know an easy and reliable way, please tell. I looked at sling, but they
>> could not provide what I want.
>
> Try Playstation Vue, Hulu, Youtube TV. There are others, and all have
> multiple choices. They tend to have the same channels in their basic
> service, and as you go up in pricing you should be able to find
> everything you want, or you can just add specific channels to the
> basic service. And I like Vudu for movies on demand. Amazon Prime also
> has its uses, especially if you order lots of stuff online - they give
> you free shipping.
>
> All you need is a streaming box, Roku or something. And an OTA
> antenna, if one will work where you live. On-topic: I think Roku has a
> DLNA service built in now, so you can look at your photos and videos
> on your TV.

It really does depend on your needs I think. I just use the UK streaming
services - mainly the BBC iPlayer. And Mubi for films (but they're a bit
arty for me so I may cancel). But I watch very little TV - didn't have a
licence until recently, bought when it became required for the iPlayer.

--
Cheers, Rob