Subject: Re: And The Loser Is...
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 14:25:31 -0500
On 2/8/2018 12:38 AM, Bill W wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 00:08:58 -0500, PeterN
> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2/7/2018 4:32 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> cut the cord and get it online.
>>>

>> There are only 2 ISP s allowed where I live. Verizon & Optimum. Both are
>> lying leeches.  To get what I want online is too much of a PITA. If you
>> know an easy and reliable way, please tell. I looked at sling, but they
>> could not provide what I want.
>
> Try Playstation Vue, Hulu, Youtube TV. There are others, and all have
> multiple choices. They tend to have the same channels in their basic
> service, and as you go up in pricing you should be able to find
> everything you want, or you can just add specific channels to the
> basic service. And I like Vudu for movies on demand. Amazon Prime also
> has its uses, especially if you order lots of stuff online - they give
> you free shipping.

Thanks for your response. I will continue my research.

> All you need is a streaming box, Roku or something. And an OTA
> antenna, if one will work where you live. On-topic: I think Roku has a
> DLNA service built in now, so you can look at your photos and videos
> on your TV.

OTA would not work for me. Indoor reception is terrible, and use of an
outdoor antenna is not permitted. What I am looking for is to get basic
Internet service with local channels. I would then use a service that
allows me to pick only the stations I watch. I have zero interest in the
movies, except for some old classics.

--
PeterN