Subject: Re: And The Loser Is...
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:41:25 -0500
On 2/8/2018 2:57 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article<p5i87c011fv@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN
> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
>
>> OTA would not work for me. Indoor reception is terrible, and use of an
>> outdoor antenna is not permitted.
>
> yes it is.
>
> <https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/installing-consumer-owned-anten...
> and-satellite-dishes>
>    Under the OTARD rules, an owner or a tenant has the right to install
>    an antenna on property that he owns or over which he has exclusive
>    use or control. This includes single family homes, condominiums,
>    cooperatives, townhomes and manufactured homes.

What is written is one thing. Practicality is something else. I am not
about to spend time in litigation, creating a brouhaha with my
neighbors, to save a few bucks. There is much more to life. e.g. It cost
us about $50,000 in damages, plus legal fees, because our board would
not permit a companion dog, which is expressly permitted under the ADA.
The US attorney handled the litigation for the woman.

--
PeterN