From: Bill W <nothing@nowhere.com>
Subject: Re: And The Loser Is...
Full headers:
From: Bill W <nothing@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 13:21:29 -0800
References: <dcydnUo70uMrCOXHnZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <fdrk22Fs8smU1@mid.individual.net> <p5ac9e$7fi$1@dont-email.me> <OIudnWi2P6zjeuXHnZ2dnUU7-IvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <p5asj3$ti0$1@dont-email.me> <p5fove01dok@news4.newsguy.com> <070220181632253766%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p5glkp02fu3@news7.newsguy.com> <50on7d1oiur9aemsavj4c8b9p4j8k94dtg@4ax.com> <p5i87c011fv@news1.newsguy.com> <080220181457410991%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p5iclm0j6h@news2.newsguy.com>
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:41:25 -0500, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>On 2/8/2018 2:57 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article<p5i87c011fv@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN
>> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> OTA would not work for me. Indoor reception is terrible, and use of an
>>> outdoor antenna is not permitted.
>>
>> yes it is.
>>
>> <https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/installing-consumer-owned-anten...
>> and-satellite-dishes>
>>    Under the OTARD rules, an owner or a tenant has the right to install
>>    an antenna on property that he owns or over which he has exclusive
>>    use or control. This includes single family homes, condominiums,
>>    cooperatives, townhomes and manufactured homes.
>>
>What is written is one thing. Practicality is something else. I am not
>about to spend time in litigation, creating a brouhaha with my
>neighbors, to save a few bucks. There is much more to life. e.g. It cost
>us about $50,000 in damages, plus legal fees, because our board would
>not permit a companion dog, which is expressly permitted under the ADA.
>The US attorney handled the litigation for the woman.

You should sue your board. The feds never, ever give up. Once they
latch on, they won't let go. Any board that puts an association at
risk like that needs to be removed, at the very least. I can't believe
their attorney would let them fight this, so you have to wonder if
they even consulted with one. If they didn't, it's one more reason to
sue them.

I'm also very familiar with OTARD. There are separate rules for
condos. You can place an antenna only on an exclusive use common area,
which would probably be only a patio. Otherwise it's an indoor antenna
only. Either way, I assume it's hopeless in many parts of NYC.