From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 16:57:03 +1300
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 13:20:27 -0500, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>On 2/8/2018 4:27 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 23:58:03 -0500, PeterN
>> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>>> One trick I have used is deleting the preference file. When you start it
>>> again it will create the default preference file.
>>> I found this on the web:
>>> Now just hold Shift-Option (on Windows it's Shift-Alt thanks Rob Sylvan)
>>> and restart Lightroom. Keep holding them down and the dialog below will
>>> appear. Click “Reset Preferences” and it installs a factory fresh set of
>>> preferences for you, and the problems you were having right along with it.
>>> hth
>>
>> I have seen that and have been tempted to try it, but that could only
>> confuse the issue. I have found that for the last severaal months
>> people have been reporting problem with Crash Reporter. Mine certainly
>> is not working and has not created any reports.
>>

>You have nothing to lose by deleting preferences. One of the Adobe
>product managers suggested that to me several years ago. When I have
>weird issues with the CC products that is the first thing I try. It has
>worked more times than not.
>However, it's your decision.

Adobe is now actively helping me. I reset preferences and it made no
difference. I have done a clean install and wowee! it works! The
problem was that this was with a new Lightroom Catalog. I switched the
catalog setting over to my old one and - behold! It started crashing
again. That must mean something.

I have yet to hear back from Adobe. In the meantime I am trying to
sort out Crash Reporter. Life would be easier if it worked.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens