From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Classic CC problem
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <fe6i7dl6hqtfdrk4jberf3gqd5mj0r4mfi@4ax.com> <p5fp6u01drg@news4.newsguy.com> <mmfn7dl4lpbvvc5gq74gcisi87n9fhaopl@4ax.com> <p5gl0c02fl4@news7.newsguy.com> <iq5o7d5n86td3ne4mf2crmhfjsnfbhmhrv@4ax.com> <p5i4dd0vt0@news1.newsguy.com> <4k6q7dtm1fanmdu1sgfdkokbklmcs223lf@4ax.com> <080220182314068139%nospam@nospam.invalid> <n9oq7dhtvdkps18aso8idicp3501lttnfa@4ax.com> <fe57vsF3ph3U1@mid.individual.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 12:55:52 +1300
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 10:29:32 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:

>On 2018-02-09 09:09:01 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 23:14:06 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> welcome to windows.
>>
>> You frequently accuse other people of being 'bashers' when they raise
>> questions about Apple.
>>
>> In the last week you have been regularly bashing Windows on even the
>> flimsiest of excuses.
>>
>> Lightroom is not Windows software: otherwise it would not also being
>> running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.
>>
>> If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
>> problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
>> but crashes with my old catalog.
>
>No import tool? Can you import the old catologs into a new one? I have
>LR installed on both w10 and macOS but can't be bothered opening it...

I received a message when I reinstalled LR about updating my old LR
catalog. Elsewhere I learned there is a danger that if I do this that
I may lose images or edits. What happens when you import an old
database into a new one I have yet to find out. I haven't heard from
Adobe for 36 hours and I am about to experiment on my own. But first I
will make a copy of my current catalog. I also want to try and get
Crash Reporter running.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens