Next <
From: not <not@this.time>
Subject: Re: Panasonic GX9 - FAIL (a cheapened GX8)
Full headers:
From: not@this.time
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:28:47 -0500
On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:39:42 -0800 (PST), RichA<>

>I had the GX8.  It's stabilization for non-stabilized Panasonic lenses was poor, way below that of
my Olympus.  But the EVF was superb like looking out a window.  So they "updated" it with the GX9.
What did they do?  Dropped the price $200.  Cut out weather resistance.  The EVF isn't as good.  The
stabilization was upgraded to 5-axis.  But what a let-down.  They've essentially dropped the camera
into the lower class tier.  This was the only non-DSLR-styled body that was in a high tier as the
Gx8.  There were changes to video, but I'm not concerned about that.

It's not really a GX8 successor. Proof? In Japan it's called the GX7
Mark III. Yes, really. And that's exactly what it really is.

HUGE disappointment. And Panny's marketing geniusses should be fired.
All of them.