Next <
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Enerloop batteries overpriced?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 10:39:22 -0500
On 2018-02-17 18:13, Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article<4fWdnU_lNuqPARXHnZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com>, Alan Browne
> says...
>>
>> My last expensive Mac sold, used, after 6 years, for more than people
>> pay for middle of the road Windows PC's and that cash offset the cost of
>> this Mac which will eventually sell for more than ... well, you get the
>> picture.
>>
>> Never mind the quality of the display on Macs that doesn't come with the
>> "bundles" that are so appealing with PC offers.
>>
>> Never mind time saved by not dealing with Windows issues, one after the
>> next.
>>
>> Never mind that Apple major OS updates are free.
>>
>> Never mind that there is a single flavour of Mac OS for all kinds of
>> use.  (None of the low value idiocy of Windows editions (home, student,
>> professional).
>
> All these issue do not exist with this PC I'm using right now. And in

Of course the issue exists: if you need the "higher capability" OS you
have to pay more.  With Mac you get one OS that is "higher capability"
for all users.

> any case, after 6 years a PC is totally depreciated and you buy a new
> one. 500 Euro every 6 years is not much.

In my case, after 6 years, I sold it for well over €500 .  That was 5
years ago and that family is still using that Mac.

"This" Mac I've had for 5 years and will easily serve me for 5 more
unless there is a catastrophic failure.  Quad Core HT i7 with 24 GB of
RAM ... hmm, I could replace the HD with SSD to get a little more oomph
and up the memory to 32 GB I suppose...

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102