From: J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-255@255soft.uk>
Subject: Re: Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping
Full headers:
From: "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6JPG-255@255soft.uk>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:48:07 +0000
In message <ukxj009j8cly.1q6dh86qt2eio$.dlg@40tude.net>, JJ<jj4public@vfemail.net> writes:
[]
>I find it difficult to believe that no software in the future will be able
>to read older image formats - no matter how hard the software developers try
>to.

Just for interest: sometime in the last few years, I emailed an image
(down, boy, whoever it was who ranted against email attachments - this
would have been well under 100 KB!) to someone who was unable to view
it; I think it was in .pcx format (which was what the old scanner I'd
used produced). So formats _do_ fall out of fashion.

If, after hearing my songs, just one human being is inspired to say something
nasty to a friend, or perhaps to strike a loved one, it will all have been
worth the while. - Liner notes, "Songs & More Songs By Tom Lehrer", Rhino
Records, 1997.