From: Alfred Molon <>
Subject: Re: Enerloop batteries overpriced?
Full headers:
From: Alfred Molon <>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:45:45 +0100
In article<>, Alan Browne
> What can happen is build up of dust causes over heating, so the CPU
> automatically slows its clock and runs slower.  Some articles also cite
> thermal paste degradation over time.  Both can be rectified easily.
> Oscillators also "drift" over time.  You would notice this as much as
> observers would note the effects of Special Relativity of cars driving
> on the Autobahn at higher speeds.

I'm not an expert. What I understood from that discussion is that the
constant heat over time impacts the silicon of the processor. There are
pretty tiny structures in the nanometer range which degrade over time,
thereby impacting the functionality of the processor.

This is from an Intel guy who analyses processor defects, so should be
Alfred Molon

Olympus E-series DSLRs and micro 4/3 forum at photo sharing site