From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Subject: Re: How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar
Full headers:
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 00:16:33 -0600
Tony Cooper<> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 23:04:48 -0600, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}> wrote:
>> Eric Stevens<> wrote:
>>> N E V E R  H E A R D  O F  S P I K E  M I L L I G A N ?
>>> What is the world coming to?
>> He probably hasn’t heard of Peter Sellers, and Harry Secome either.
>> Then there was Spike’s self composed epitaph; “I told you I was sick.”
> Was "The Goon Show" ever shown on US television?  I've seen clips, but
> I don't recall anyone ever watching the show regularly.

The “Goon Show” was live radio, not TV, and vintage shows are available via
streaming on several apps including iTunes, and Tunein Radio. Due to the
English side of my family I was exposed to the Goons starting in the

> Americans (I have no idea where "newsguy" is from) would know Sellers
> from "The Pink Panther", "Dr Strangelove", and other movies but might
> not know that he was in "The Goon Show".
Far from being in the “Goon Show” his role as a multi-character actor in
that show was what led to his later career.

> There is a tie here to photography, you know.  Sellers and Antony
> Armstrong-Jones were close friends.

That was due to the Royal family being great fans of the “Goon Show”.

.... and I believe Armstrong-Jones had an “h” in his Anthony.