Subject: Re: Switched from Windows to Linux on old netbook. What a difference
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:43:57 -0500
On 2/20/2018 2:52 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 19 February 2018 20:27:28 UTC-5, nospam  wrote:
>> In article<1e6753c2-81d9-4665-b565-fd688fba0e87@googlegroups.com>,
>> RichA<rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> With Windows, if you opened more than 2 browser windows, it bogged down,
>>> often just freezing.  Couldn't deal with images at all.  Switching to Linux
>>> cured it, you still have to be cognizant of the 1G memory and cpu power
>>> limitations, but it can do much more than before.
>>
>> complete nonsense.
>
> Sorry but it isn't. I gave up a few programs because of it.  I'd not have done that if I could
have avoided it.

I don't know how much oomph your machine has, but even on my old Vista
laptop, with 12g memory, I was able to run Photoshop with a bunch of
plugins, Bridge, Corel Painter 8, Excel, WordPerfecct, and keep several
browser windows open at the same time. The only thing that ran slow was
Topaz Impressions.

--
PeterN