From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: New LightZone Release
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:30:07 -0600
PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
> On 2/20/2018 2:49 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>> android<here@there.was> wrote:
>>> System agnostic editor and converter. Haven't tried this release
>>> myself. Free to use and download:
>>>
>>> <https://github.com/ktgw0316/LightZone/releases>
>>>
>>> <http://lightzoneproject.org/>
>>
>> It seems to be more trouble than it is worth.
>>
>> I would rather add AlienSkin Exposure X3 to my workflow where you get the
>> choice of using it as a stand-alone, or an adobe plug-in.
>>
>> <https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/>
>> <https://fujilove.com/alien-skin-exposure-x3-workflow-overview/>
>>

> What unique function does it perform?

Where Exposure X3 excels is with film emulations. In that area it is
probably the best in class. Otherwise it is a very capable RAW processor,
and image editor. The bonus for those looking to move away from LR, it is
also a capable asset manager.

I already have so many plugins,
> that it would have to perform a unique and spectacular function to
> induce me to even try it.

It isn’t going to give you some of the extreme effects you are fond of, but
that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it. There is a 30 day trial. Also, some
of the other AlienSkin software might appeal to you. For example, “Snap
Art” is part of a bundle anchored by Exposure X3, and includes “Blow
Up”(similar to On1’s Genuine Fractals), and also have trials.
<https://www.alienskin.com/snapart/>

<https://www.alienskin.com/blowup/>

“Eye Candy” is also interesting, but is not my sort of thing.
<https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/>

--
Regards,
 Savageduck