From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar
Full headers:
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:04:02 -0500
"Tony Cooper"<> wrote

| I understand that not all people's interests are the same, but we look
| forward to every "Masterpiece" series.  Currently, it's "Victoria" and
| it's quite good.

  Ah, so you're the guy who's watching two high
school kids dressed up as royalty and playing
house. I wondered who it was. :)

| If liking the "Masterpiece" productions, and not US TV reality shows,
| talent shows, cooking shows, and dancing competitions make me a
| "highbrow" type, I say "It's a fair cop, Guv."

   I criticize them because they're really no better
than American daytime soaps. But they're considered
higher quality simply because they're British. Though
I guess I'm also a harsh judge. I don't like any series
type of show because the story is enslaved to the
need for repetition. They come up with a formula and
then the viewers watch each week specifically to
see another rendition of the same formula. It can
work as entertainment, but rarely as art. (Which
makes it another example of android's famous "porn".)
I generally only watch movies and documentaries.