From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Subject: Re: How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar
Full headers:
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:48:43 -0600
Mayayana<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}> wrote
> | I guess you never saw "Breaking Bad", or "The Wire".
> |
>   ?  I've never even heard of most of what you list.
> You must watch a lot of TV.

Not really. Most of that stuff was viewed over a 25-30 year period, and
much of it is available via Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I am certainly not a
followed of any of the major networks.

My ISP, and cable provider is Charter-Spectrum and I have a package which
gives me some good programming beyond the typical network stuff. I also
access UK BBC streaming, and that has some excellent programing which
includes some great documentaries. Even YouTube has some very good
streaming for events which never make to the mainstream.

>I haven't really been a TV
> watcher since I was a teenager. Last night was typical.
> We were trying to decide between the PBS documentary
> about Shia vs Sunni or the movie I'd just picked up at
> the library: Last Flag Flying.
>   I'm curious about the PBS piece, but wasn't feeling
> so ambitious. We watched the movie. It was wonderful.
> (Award material, I though. Best actor for Bryan Cranston.
> But of course it wasn't up for an Oscar or a Golden
> Globe because it wasn't released between December
> 1 and January 15.)

Of course “Breaking Bad” was the vehicle to allow Brian Cranston to display
his talent as a great actor.