Subject: Re: How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete">
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 12:20:22 -0500
On 2/20/2018 10:38 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article<>, PeterN
> <"peter,newdelete"> wrote:
>> Last year there was a Star Trek exhibit on the Intrepid. It combined the
>> original with the Next Generation. I was told that most of the actors
>> were nice, regular guys. William Shattner was charging for his
>> autograph. I leave the name for that, up to the readers.
> most of them do that. they know the fans will pay, so why not.

Not when they are being paid for the appearance. And the fans are making
a generous donation to a charity.
BTW I used to represent entertainers. Most thought it beneath them to
charge for an autograph. They either declined, or gave one free. I don't
know the source for your statement, but I KNOW it's not true.