From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Subject: Re: Shooting in wet weather? Re-consider using your $3000+ Sony
Full headers:
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:18:54 -0600
Alfred Molon<> wrote:
> In article<>, Savageduck
> says...
>><not@this.time> wrote:
>>> Or an Olympus E-M1 II.
>> Try a Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-T2, or X-H1 with an appropriate WR lens.
> I have survived for years with non-weatherproof cameras, even in adverse
> environments (dust or tropical humidity).

So have I.

> When it rained I would use an umbrella.

....and that is also a good solution. There are also other reasonably
inexpensive ways to protect your camera in the rain such as Op/Tech rain
sleeves (of various sizes) which can be had for as little as $7.

However, there are other benefits, such as protection from dust intrusion
to a camera and lens system with weather sealing.