Subject: Re: Pentax spits in the FACE of the entrenched Japaneseplanned-obsolescence
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete">
Subject: Re: Pentax spits in the FACE of the entrenched Japanese
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:00:50 -0500
On 2/22/2018 2:42 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 22:15:28 UTC-5, Bill W  wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:00:26 -0800 (PST), RichA<>
>> wrote:
>>> Get your K1 and for $550, Pentax will upgrade it (including badges) to a new K1II.
>> How long is Pentax going to stay in business? Almost no 3d party
>> lenses is not a good sign.
> Screw Tamron and underdog Tokina, they hardly represent much in the way of 3rd party lenses.  They
are the ones who refuse to make lenses for brands other than Canon, Nikon and a smattering of Sony.

I was not aware of any law or rule, moral or legislated, saying that a
manufacturer and/or distributor of camera lenses cannot make economic
decisions. How is that decision causing a negative impact on society.